Read this tutorial and learn how to earn money online for free. Plus, you can have your own two free websites. Click here now if you want to know how people make money online!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Solution that works for Cabinet Problem

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted.  
Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file can be trusted" I encountered it when trying to play RIFT. It required a directx 9 so when I tried to install the run time from Microsoft, the error in the first sentence appeared. It took me about three hours to solve it. IN my researches there are lots of solutions which did not work.

Luckily, I read in tomhardware that direct 11 and 9 can run together so I downloaded the full direct x 9 from this website: http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/ the downloader is located in the right side. You can also download the june 2010 version from any other trusted source, but I used this one. After downloading it (about 98mb), I extracted it in the my documents folder because it cannot be extracted in windows or programs folder. Then I run the .exe application and installed it.

It worked like magic! Now the game rift is working.

PS: This is for windows 8, I am not sure if it works for windows 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment